Chewy, sweet and crispy all at once, these cookies are super easy to make and not time consuming at all. They are small and petite cookies, so if you just wanted to nibble on something sweet, these cookies won’t leave you with that guilty aftermath.
These make yummy tea cookies, you can dip them as you like.
They would make as great little favours too, pack them in a cellophane bag and tie a bow on it and ta-da, a cute take away gift for any occasion.
150 grams butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
6 egg whites
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon zest (add more/less as you like)
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1. cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
2. gradually add in egg whites, and mix well
3. add lemon juice, zest and vanilla
4. add the flour in two parts, and mix till there are no clumps
5. grab a piping bag, using the tip is optional, you can just cut a hole in the bag
6. fill the bag and start piping strips of the batter onto parchment paper, roughly 1.5 inch in length
7. pop into oven and bake for 12-16 minutes, edges should be a golden brown
Well, there you have it, super easy simple cookies to make!
By the way, i’m sure if you decide to make this recipe, you’ll notice that you have those unused egg yolks…well don’t worry they can be put to good use. Next post will be creme brulee, deliciousness awaits :)